David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/7/2017 6:12 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Lemuel Johnson wrote:

I suspect it's not a coincidence that Pacific Daylight Time
(UTC-07:00) corresponds to Mountain Standard Time (UTC-07:00).
I'm not aware of any browser time zone awareness, generally the
page will use Javascript to query the client time settings. Have
you tried, say, Chrome to see if you get the same result? Or,
gulp, deleting all the Vanguard cookies?

That may be the answer -- if the Vanguard site is treating him as
being in MST, which is a notational equivalent to PDT, no action is
required.

Of course, it bears watching in the fall.

After saving a copy of cookies.sqlite, I deleted all cookies from
the profile that I use for accessing my bank and stock accounts.  I
still saw the problem.

I then restored the cookies from the saved cookies.sqlite file.

So does the site simply say "Mountain Time," or does it say "Mountain Standard Time"? In the latter case, as noted above, no action is required, at least until fall. Their noon MST appointment is the same as your noon PDT appointment.

Paul B. Gallagher