On 8/6/2017 12:33 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> On 8/6/2017 12:14 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>> I belong to several web sites that have their own time zone
>>> settings in the account profile. In each case, I have to go into my
>>> account profile and update it, because they ignore my own
>>> computer's settings. That's where you should be looking -- in your
>>> profile at the Vanguard site. Just as they store your name and
>>> address, they also store your time zone. Mountain must be their
>>> default, which is strange since their home office is in Valley
>>> Forge, PA.
>>
>> I just now navigated (again) throughout Vanguard's account profile
>> pages.  There is an entry for my address, which indicates
>> California; but there is no entry for time zone.  I have only the one
>> address; I have no others, not even in California let alone in other
>> time zones.
>
> Weird.
>
> Unless they set it when you enrolled and you were living in the Mountain
> Time Zone back then, I'm out of ideas.
>
> Unless you want to talk to their tech support or ask your broker to
> update it.
>
> Sorry.

Vanguard's account representative suggested that I wait until after
daylight saving time ends to see if the problem is resolved then.  that
might help diagnose the cause of the problem.

In the meantime, I can change Mountain Time to Pacific Time whenever I
want to schedule a phone call.  The problem is that the change is only
for the one appointment; it does not stick and change my default.

Vanguard's tech support suggests that the problem is on my PC,
specifically in SeaMonkey.  However, I know that is very wrong because
other Web sites that I visit via SeaMonkey get my correct time zone.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump demands loyalty to himself from Republican members
of Congress.  I always thought that members of Congress -- House
and Senate -- were required to be loyal to the people of the
United States.  In any case, they all swore an oath of office
to be loyal to the Constitution.