Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 08-08-17 19:50:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/7/2017 8:27 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
So does the site simply say "Mountain Time," or does it say
"Mountain Standard Time"? In the latter case, as noted above, no
action is required, at least until fall. Their noon MST
appointment is the same as your noon PDT appointment.

I just now revisited the Web page for scheduling a phone
appointment. It says "Mountain Time", not "Mountain Standard
Time". Selecting an icon adjacent to that displays a tooltip that
explains the indicated time zone.  The tooltip says: "The time zone
is based on your computer system's clock."  You can view all that
at <http://www.rossde.com/test/timezone-1.jpg>.

I then launched Microsoft's Data and Time window.  It says that my
time zone is "(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)". You can
view that at <http://www.rossde.com/test/timezone-2.jpg>.

All this tells me that the problem is at Vanguard.

Agreed. Either they're misreading your system's clock, or they're
miscalculating.

But I'm curious how your system can say "(UTC-08:00)" while your
message header says "Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 09:28:40 -0700." Could
Vanguard be seeing that "-0700" instead of "(UTC-08:00)"? If so,
why?

P.S. I'm seeing the same thing with my Win7 Pro SP1 and SM 2.46: My system clock reports "(UTC-0500) Eastern Time (US & Canada)," but the header of my previous message reports "Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 13:32:27 -0400." Somehow SeaMonkey doesn't know I'm on Daylight Time.

THAT'S the problem:
My system clock say: UTC +1
And View Source of my message shows: UTC +2

This is due because I am on summer time.
And because UTC is fixed and doesnot change due to DayLigth Time - SeaMonkey is correct saying UTC +2 But Vanguard think wrongly that he can access your system-clock .... he is just be able to ask SM What's the time .. and he deduce wrongly ....
Then for David Vanguard say Mountain - 7 instead of Pacific -8