On 8/7/2017 8:27 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> That may be the answer -- if the Vanguard site is treating him as
>>> being in MST, which is a notational equivalent to PDT, no action is
>>> required.
>>>
>>> Of course, it bears watching in the fall.
>>>

>> After saving a copy of cookies.sqlite, I deleted all cookies from
>> the profile that I use for accessing my bank and stock accounts.  I
>> still saw the problem.
>>
>> I then restored the cookies from the saved cookies.sqlite file.
>
> So does the site simply say "Mountain Time," or does it say "Mountain
> Standard Time"? In the latter case, as noted above, no action is
> required, at least until fall. Their noon MST appointment is the same as
> your noon PDT appointment.

I just now revisited the Web page for scheduling a phone appointment.
It says "Mountain Time", not "Mountain Standard Time".  Selecting an
icon adjacent to that displays a tooltip that explains the indicated
time zone.  The tooltip says: "The time zone is based on your computer
system's clock."  You can view all that at
<http://www.rossde.com/test/timezone-1.jpg>.

I then launched Microsoft's Data and Time window.  It says that my time
zone is "(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)".  You can view that at
<http://www.rossde.com/test/timezone-2.jpg>.

All this tells me that the problem is at Vanguard.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump demands loyalty to himself from Republican members
of Congress.  I always thought that members of Congress -- House
and Senate -- were required to be loyal to the people of the
United States.  In any case, they all swore an oath of office
to be loyal to the Constitution.