David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/7/2017 8:27 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
So does the site simply say "Mountain Time," or does it say
"Mountain Standard Time"? In the latter case, as noted above, no
action is required, at least until fall. Their noon MST appointment
is the same as your noon PDT appointment.

I just now revisited the Web page for scheduling a phone
appointment. It says "Mountain Time", not "Mountain Standard Time".
Selecting an icon adjacent to that displays a tooltip that explains
the indicated time zone.  The tooltip says: "The time zone is based
on your computer system's clock."  You can view all that at
<http://www.rossde.com/test/timezone-1.jpg>.

I then launched Microsoft's Data and Time window.  It says that my
time zone is "(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)".  You can view
that at <http://www.rossde.com/test/timezone-2.jpg>.

All this tells me that the problem is at Vanguard.

Agreed. Either they're misreading your system's clock, or they're miscalculating.

But I'm curious how your system can say "(UTC-08:00)" while your message header says "Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 09:28:40 -0700." Could Vanguard be seeing that "-0700" instead of "(UTC-08:00)"? If so, why?

Paul B. Gallagher