On 2/21/2018 at 11:17 PM, cmcadams created this epitome of digital genius:
This is interesting. As an experiment I changed my SM 2.49.2 default SMTP from smtp.att.yahoo.com to smtp.gmail.com. Then I tried repeating the example I tried before with the same results. BUT...Seamonkey was NOT using Gmail's SMTP server, if the box that pops up after you click Send is a true indication. It was still using att.yahoo.com.

Either something's wrong or PEBKAC...

Change the SMTP server for the email account itself. It may be set to use a specific server instead of the default.

Ed Mullen
"The best audience is intelligent, well-educated, and a little drunk." - Alben W. Barkley (1877-1956)