jamielansf...@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 12:58:06 PM UTC-6, Jamie Lansford wrote:
On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 12:14:04 PM UTC-6, cmcadams wrote:
Thunderbird menus (as in the link) are different from SM, but I solved the
problem of
switching to smtp.gmail.com in 2.49.2 by the expedient of deleting
smtp.att.yahoo.com.

2.49.2 doesn't seem to like being required to use multiple smtp servers, any
more
than switching default search engines.

As an experiment I reinstalled SM 2.48. End of problems. 2.48 has no problem
sending
through gmail's smtp without needing to delete anything. Or with sending through
Yahoo's smtp without producing spurious characters in the final result.

So I'll be using 2.48 at least until 2.49.3 arrives. This is sad!

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3038519&start=15

cmcadams wrote:
This is interesting. As an experiment I changed my SM 2.49.2 default SMTP from
smtp.att.yahoo.com to smtp.gmail.com. Then I tried repeating the example I tried
before with the same results. BUT...Seamonkey was NOT using Gmail's SMTP
server, if
the box that pops up after you click Send is a true indication. It was still
using
att.yahoo.com.

Either something's wrong or PEBKAC...

Craig