SUN current release 1.5.0_08 available at
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
SUN early access 1.6 beta 2 available at
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ea.jsp

I'm running:

java version "1.6.0-beta2"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-beta2-b85)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-beta2-b85, mixed mode, sharing)

although s/o reported problems with this Java release, I've got a steady node.

If that does not help, try to get a JRE from other vendors like IBM, etc.

Check your machine's RAM, reboot windows often and hope your system libraries
are okay.

Like I said - it's not problem of freenet. It's just triggering a fault in the
JRE or your system. There's nothing freenet can do, although there are already
some workarounds in use to help crippled and buggy JREs/libs(NTPL) it's
understandably not the core activity of
development.

HTH

--Original Message Text---
From: Stefan Gr?nberg
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:40:31 +0200

java version "1.5.0_07"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

freenetwork at web.de wrote: Which JVM? Which OS?

freenet can do ***nothing*** about crashing and buggy Java Environments. Get
the current release and check your libraries.

2 crashes during night