Reinhard writes:

>You are right. But laboratory size expellers (Komet) are also
>very expensive, especially the repair parts.

I'd prefer to think of the press I want as "kitchen scale". There's
no engineering reason I can see for a small oil press to cost any
more than, say, an electric breadmaker, or the espresso machine
on my counter. Clearly, it's a matter of supply and demand, but I
bet the demand is higher than it was a few years ago. If I ran the
zoo, I'd market it to health-food fans in the US and Europe, and I'd
emphasize the nut butter aspect, while also providing accessories
(or just a different setting) for seeds. I can imagine someone like
Braun taking it on.

In the meanwhile, I guess I have to build my own :-)