Harmon Seaver wrote:

>     It would really be nice to find some sort of screw mechanism tho, that you
>could get cheaply (maybe some mil-surplus gizmo?) and built a real screw
>press. I was going on the same track before trying to figure out a way to make
>pellets from biomass. The ram presses just don't make as good a pellet, don't
>know how they'd do for oil, maybe it wouldn't make any difference.

Yup, the screw is better, but I think that's why all those small presses
(e.g., Sundhara and TŠby) are so expensive. That screw is a fancy
piece of work,
with the outward taper at the end to increase the pressure, and the
periodic gaps
along the thread  (???......maybe to help stir up the seed cake?) That's why
Bielenberg's press is so popular in Africa -- it's CHEEEP!