On Sun, Jun 09, 2002 at 10:08:00AM -0700, Ken Provost wrote:

> No problem with the exercise, but the price is still pretty steep. I'm gonna
> try to build a piston, cage and pressure cone after the Bielenberg design
> (maybe even try to enlist his help...), and use a hydraulic jack to drive the
> piston. I bet a little kit with just those three tricky parts (you supply your
> own jack, lever, or whatever, and mounting brackets) could sell a couple
> a year to crazy experimenters :-)

    It would really be nice to find some sort of screw mechanism tho, that you
could get cheaply (maybe some mil-surplus gizmo?) and built a real screw
press. I was going on the same track before trying to figure out a way to make
pellets from biomass. The ram presses just don't make as good a pellet, don't
know how they'd do for oil, maybe it wouldn't make any difference.
    Anyway, what I was last thinking was building a combo log splitter/pellet
press. Engine driven, of course, not just a handpump jack. I need the log
splitter anyway, so maybe just build it so you put different ends on the ram,
etc. One of those could be for oilseed.

--
Harmon Seaver
CyberShamanix