> Acutally, if your calculations are correct, electricity doesn't look half
> bad.  :)  Even better if TOU net metering with some solar was taken in to
> account.  We also have to take the energy conversion of the vehicle system
> which EV's come out way ahead of ICE vehicles, no matter what fuel is
> used.
>
> James Slayden

 Terrific!  The figures used for the petrol to electric grid
 comparison are based on a 'well to pump' or 'mine to electrical outlet'
 cost factor.  It would be helpful to see further results when using
 'energy conversion' efficiencies factored in from the 'pump to wheel'
 or 'electrical plug outlet to wheel' (energy per unit/cost) calculations.
 Look forward to further explanations and maybe address the weight factor
 concerning gasoline and the lead acid battery power ratio.  It would go
 a long ways in clarifying doubts expressed about EVs.  Thank you.

        `