--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Andrew
>

> John's almost certainly right.
>
> "Rednecks" (is that an abusive term or not? - I dunno) seem to be
> generally intolerant of other views than their own and inclined to
be
> noisy and chauvinistic about it. A bit like this:
>
> Which Side Of The Media Is Inclusive? - Conservative Media Don't
Want
> To Hear From The 'Other Guy'
> http://www.tompaine.com/feature.cfm/ID/7355
>
> So their opinions here might be disproportionate to their numbers.
>
> Best
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,
I am severely pressed for time, and can't address as many issues as
I'd like.
I will address the term 'Redneck' from my personal perspective. Other
views may vary.

Many(most?) times the term is used, it is meant to be disparaging, by
the ignorant.
A 'Redneck' is the ultimate representative of 'Bottom-up' policies.
He is independant and separate from influences of 'authorities'. He
finds his own solutions to his own problems, using his own resources.
(sometimes in conflict with those who would forcibly impose their
solutions on him, at his expense)
A Redneck does not usually try to impose his views on others, and is
fairly intolerant of those who would attempt to impose their views on
him. Attempted reasonable persuasion is usually acceptable, but
blatant use of force will be resisted.(It is the use of force that is
resisted, not necessarily the idea that is attempted to be forced)

If you don't care for the color of the window trim on my house, you
may be successful in arguing your point with me, that it would
beautify the neighborhood for everyone to have matching colors.
(Especially if you were to offer to pay for the paint!)
Threatening to throw me in jail, repainting my house against my will
and Billing me for the costs, (garnishing my paycheck) will not make
you be my 'Friend for life'!(And may prompt a bit of 're-painting'
when I get out of jail)
It's not your idea that a Redneck may oppose, it is the threatened
use of force to implement your idea, regardless of his thoughts
and/or feelings that gets ignorant people in trouble when dealing
with 'Rednecks'. Most of them are quite reasonable people, when you
quit trying to force them into unquestioningly complying with
arbitrary rules without supporting reasonings.

Proud Redneck,
Motie

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/FGYolB/TM