on 7/19/03 10:03 PM, Mark at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello all,

> I work for a Natural Foods company that handles
> a good deal of vegie oils. I have all the equipment
> necessesary to filter and de-water WVO.
>

> Is there any demand for a regional, most likely
> co-op, WVO processing facility? Assume we run at
> cost plus 10-15%, and could process > 1500-2000
> US gal per 8 hr shift. Is there sufiicent demand
> to run 1-2 days a week?

> Is the "community" developed enough to deliver to
> the plant and exchange  WVO for filtered, water-free
> WVO?

I've always thought it would be great if I could drive
down to San Jose Tallow Co. and pick up WVO like I get
at my usual sources, instead of contaminated with "yellow
grease" (ie, beef/pork/chicken fat that's been rotting
for months...) I'm not sure your value added would be
enough if all you did was filter and dewater --
personally, I'd only get involved if you saved me the
collection hassle as well.

The biggest problem I see is regulatory -- once the
gummint finds out what you're doing, they'll
crack down on both you AND your coop members :-)    -K

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/FGYolB/TM