whom extreme specialization is a cover for either grave
cerebal inadequacy or terminal laziness, the latter being a
much cherished aspect of academic freedom. JKG Thanks for
your reply, Kim

What's that supposed to mean, Kim? There is freedom of discussion at this list, it's something that has been established, built and maintained over five years, and many of us set great store by it. Are you saying that it's just terminal laziness, a cherished aspect of academic freedom??? Because that it sure as hell isn't, other than "cherished" perhaps. There's nothing merely academic about it, and it's the very opposite of laziness - it's rigorous, as it has to be else it would quickly succumb to the lowest common denominator, which has happened elsewhere, but not here. Kindly explain yourself.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
KYOTO Pref., Japan
http://journeytoforever.org/