Appal Energy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Reduce the meat centered diet to one that treats meat as a delicacy rather
> than a mainstay and vast acreages could be diverted to liquid fuel
> production and cellulosic ethanol production rather than feed meal.

Interesting thought (basically the same reason that I gave up meat 6 years
ago), I am curious how many American meat-eaters would give up the habit if it
ever came down having your choice between meat or energy but not both.
Frankly, I can't imagine meat remaining a staple for much longer as it is just
not a sustainable food source.  And we didn't discuss the water that is also
wasted, polluted and diverted in the process of raising animals for slaughter.
 The American obsession is cheese is another that just amazes me.  I wonder
what that price is a pound of cheddar would be were it not for farm and fuel
subsidies.

$.02,