Keith,
       The link on my last post was dodgy. This one works better

<http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.commentv
iew&comment_id=158

If not, the full article is available below.

As for facts: The discovery of nano-thermite in the WTC dust was published
in The Open Chemical Physics Journal in April 2009.
Regards,
Bob.

CONSPIRACY THEORY OR HIDDEN TRUTH? THE 9/11 ENIGMAS...
Richard Gage, AIA, Gregg Roberts, and David Chandler

Richard Gage, AIA has been a practicing San Francisco Bay Area architect for
more than 20 years, and is a registered member of the American Institute of
Architects. Most recently he worked on a $400M mixed-use facility in Las
Vegas NV. But he is also the founder and CEO of Architects & Engineers for
9/11 Truth, now numbering over 800 A/E’s, calling for a new investigation
into the destruction of all 3 WTC high-rises on 9/11. Gage has spoken at
over 100 events, reaching 20 U.S. states and 8 countries. He has been
invited to present in 14 cities Australia, New Zealand, and Japan before the
end of this year. As the anniversary of the events approaches, Gage tells
WAN why he thinks there are hidden depths to the destruction of the World
Trade Centre...

In all likelihood, you are unaware of the most important facts involving the
destructions of the World Trade Center buildings. Nearly all the mainstream
information sources and government officials have kept crucial information
hidden from the public. This brief article will provide a clear explanation
as to what actually happened to the Twin Towers and Building 7 (WTC 7) on
September 11, 2001.

Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911Truth) is a non-partisan,
non-profit organization now numbering over 800 technical professionals and
thousands of other supporters dedicated to exposing the facts that point to
the explosive destruction of all three World Trade Center (WTC) high-rises.

We are calling for a new independent investigation empowered to subpoena and
question witnesses under oath. Well-documented facts prove the WTC
high-rises were destroyed by explosives. The implications are grave, but we
ask that you look at the facts. AE911Truth is also concerned that evidence
has been distorted and covered up by the National Institute of Standards and
Technology (NIST), the federal agency assigned to investigate the building
collapses.

World Trade Center – Building 7

47-storey WTC 7 before destruction

WTC 7 was a 47-story steel-framed high-rise 100 yards from the North Tower.
Even though no airplane hit it, it collapsed rapidly and totally on 9/11, in
the manner of a controlled demolition. Despite its suspicious collapse, the
9/11 Commission report does not even mention WTC 7. NIST left its analysis
of the WTC 7 collapse until 2008, seven years after the events, long after
all the rubble was destroyed. NIST claims WTC 7 collapsed due to “normal
office fires” which created a “new phenomenon” in high-rise catastrophes:
collapse caused by thermal expansion of beams. NIST claims this caused the
failure of a single column – the rest just followed.

Free-fall acceleration through 40,000 tons of structural steel?

NIST Forced to Acknowledge Free-Fall of WTC 7

In August 2008, NIST released the draft of its final report on Building 7.
In that draft NIST claims that the building took 40% longer than "free-fall
time" to collapse the first 18 stories. In a technical briefing that
followed the release of the draft report Shyam Sunder, NIST’s lead
investigator, denied that free-fall had occurred and stated that free-fall
was incompatible with their analysis. He

said, “… a free fall time would be an object that has no … structural
components below it...And that is not at all unusual because there was
[emphasis in original] structural resistance that was provided in this
particular case. And you had … a sequence of structural failures that had to
take place and everything was not instantaneous.”

However, one of this article’s co-authors, David Chandler, used video
analysis to show conclusively that for 2.5 seconds (about 100 feet) WTC 7
was in complete free-fall. He publicly challenged NIST’s claims at the
technical briefing and he, along with others, filed formal requests for
corrections.

NIST were forced to reverse themselves in their Final Report and
acknowledged 2.25 seconds of absolute free-fall. Yet they did not reconsider
how this was compatible with their analysis. A network of heavy steel
girders had to be forcibly removed suddenly across the width of the building
for eight floors. However, a free-falling object cannot exert force on
anything in its path without slowing its own fall, so the structural support
had to be removed by something else—explosives. The free-fall of Building 7
is a smoking gun.

World Trade Center – Commonalities in all Three Building Destructions

Complete Destruction Through the Path of Greatest Resistance

NIST claims that the Twin Towers collapsed due to the plane impacts and
fire, and that WTC 7 collapsed due to fire alone. However, note that the
Twin Towers survived the plane impacts and the jet fuel burned off in the
first 10 minutes. Beyond that, all we have are not very large office fires.
Over 100 steel framed buildings have suffered major fires, many much worse,
yet none have collapsed. All three buildings on 9/11 fell through what
should have been the path of greatest resistance – thousands of tons of
steel – resulting in total dismemberment. This would require precisely timed
removal of critical columns, which office fires cannot accomplish.
Furthermore, a small falling top section would destroy itself before it
could destroy a larger, stronger, undamaged lower section of the building.
The impossible collapse is a smoking gun.

Molten Iron

The temperatures of the fires present a problem for NIST's claim that fire
alone was involved. The melting point of steel is about 2800° F. According
to NIST's own documents, hydrocarbon fires (e.g., jet fuel and office
furnishings) generate temperatures only up to about 2,000° F under ideal
conditions. NIST recognizes these fires could not melt steel, so they had to
postulate elaborate mechanisms that might trigger collapse due to weakened
columns and sagging girders.

Yet there is widespread evidence of molten iron in the rubble piles. Photos
and numerous witnesses -- including fire fighters, cleanup crews, and
structural engineers -- confirm the existence of several tons of molten
metal under the debris. Some fire fighters described molten steel flowing
like lava. Photos clearly reveal molten metal dripping as material is being
lifted by excavation equipment.

Office fires are not hot enough to create the molten metal seen by dozens of
witness

A video of the South Tower shows molten metal pouring out, glowing a radiant
orange-yellow. Some have claimed this is molten aluminum, which melts at a
lower temperature, but molten aluminum would be silvery in these conditions.
This is molten iron or steel.

Jet fuel and office fires can’t create molten iron

At least three independent laboratory analyses of the dust that blanketed
Lower Manhattan after the destruction of the Twin Towers reveal the presence
of iron-rich “microspheres.” These spheres are formed when molten iron is
sprayed into the air and forms droplets that cool before hitting the ground.
The iron droplets indicate temperatures during the collapses much higher
than hydrocarbon fires, in an explosive environment that could spray many
tons of these

droplets into the air.

Billions of previously molten iron spheres found in all WTC dust samples

In April 2002, the RJ Lee Company was hired to investigate environmental
contaminants in the Deutsche Bank, across the street from the World Trade
Center. It reports, “Many of the materials, such as lead, cadmium, mercury
and various organic compounds, vaporized and then condensed during the WTC
Event.” The problem here is that lead vaporizes at 3200° F, some 1200° F
hotter than is possible in hydrocarbon fires. A study of the WTC dust by the
USGS for the EPA observed molybdenum-rich spheres that can form only above
4750° F. The high temperatures are another smoking gun.

Unignited Nano-Thermite in the WTC Dust

NIST did not even look for physical evidence of explosives. In fact NIST did
not look at the physical evidence at all, apart from a few selected samples
of the steel. The rest was destroyed. However, physical evidence did remain:
the dust. NIST did not look at the dust, but independent investigators did.
They discovered, along with the microspheres, tiny red-grey chips. They
examined samples of WTC dust from different parts of Manhattan. All
contained the red-gray chips. They found that the red layer consisted of
unignited nano-thermite. Ordinary thermite is an incendiary: it can burn
through heavy steel in seconds. The tiny particles in nano-thermite (1/1000
the thickness of a human hair) causes a much faster reaction so it can be
used as a high explosive. The discovery of nano-thermite in the WTC dust was
published in The Open Chemical Physics Journal in April 2009.

Hundreds of Red/Grey chips of “Unignited thermite” in every WTC Dust sample

Nano-thermite particle sizes are 1,000 times smaller than a human hair. This
material is not made in a cave in Afghanistan.

These scientists found not just a smoking gun, but a loaded gun.

Independent lines of evidence prove the official government claims are
impossible. We see our role at AE911Truth as exposing the evidence official
agencies and the corporate media are covering up. Following up on the
implications is the responsibility of every citizen. Every citizen must face
his or her own conscience when confronting these difficult facts --
especially when we consider that 9/11 is the foundation for two wars, the
launching of an endless "war on terror," and the loss of our freedoms due to
legislation pushed through amid the fog of war.