From: "Hugh Falk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Apple would be #1, DOS would be where Apple is today (Maybe with GEM or
> Geoworks as the shell), and Atari/Commodore (sadly) would be where they
are
> today.

I don't know if Commodore would be where it is now had it not been for
Windows... granted they were falling behind the technology curve, but in
92-93 (what I see as the true end of the Amiga) the Mac was a falling
system, which wouldn't recover until the iMac realease at the end of the
decade.  So, with no competition from MS the only gaming machine alternative
would ahve been Amiga... granted Europe would have gone with it, and
development would have been much slower (we'd probably just now be looking
at games like Duke Nukem and Quake) but still, it would have become the
standard.

This is a good question as well... would consoles have developed as quickly
without the PC pushing 3D? If you look at it, consoles didn't even think of
3D until the PC was doing it and then in only very limited ways, granted 3D
is expensive, but it wasn't even part of the program.... had 3D gaming not
been done on the PC, would anyone have demanded 3D on consoles?  Sega
obviously didn't expect it when designing the Saturn.

Karl Kuras
Visit Our House the online comic strip!
http://ourhouse.trantornator.com