Feldhamer, Stuart wrote:

On another note, I don't know if sharing the MP3 files with Jim is necessarily illegal. It may be covered under "fair use" laws, like making a copy of a tape for a friend.

It's only covered under Fair Use if you make a backup copy for *yourself*. If you give that copy to a friend, then you'd have to make a really strong argument that the copy was "off-site storage for disaster recovery" or else it doesn't hold up.

Dan C. and other former pirates^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hsoftware reverse-engineer hobbyists will agree with me that current/former software pirates know the most about copyright and intellectual property laws without actually being lawyers. :-D
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/