Hi Benoit

No, because the customer can (should!) use the ISPs SMTP server
for outgoing mail. Keep in mind, that the blacklisting of those
IP addresses is due to misconfiguration of customer end devices
(= outside the responsability of the ISP!). 

Just my 0,02$

regards,
michel


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Benoit Panizzon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
> Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 7:00 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [swinog] Freesurf Range poluted by open relays?!?
> 
> 
> Hi all
> 
> About every fifth time I connect to freesurf when I'm on the 
> road, I get
> an IP Address that are in Blacklists and I cannot send emails to hosts
> checking those blacklists. Like my own relay when using SMTP-Auth:
> 
> 250-magma.woody.ch Hello pop-be-13-1-dialup-153.freesurf.ch
> [194.230.26.153], pleased to meet you
> 250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
> help
> 553 5.3.0 Rejected - 194.230.26.153 refused see
> http://relays.osirusoft.com/
> 
> I did already notify sunrise abuse about that but usualy don't get any
> reaction.
> 
> How do other ISP act in that situation? Shouldn't sunrise 
> contact those
> blacklist operators and start cleaning their range from those 
> listings?
> 
> -Benoit-
> 
> ----------------------------------------------
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/
> 
----------------------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Maillist-Archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/swinog%40swinog.ch/

Reply via email to