On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 02:51:09AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
[snip repoquery magic]

> This means: ~81% of the packages have been converted from sysv to
> systemd. And ~10% of the converted packages make use of tmpfiles.
>
> Now, my rpm/yum-fu is a bit too limited to easily figure out what
> precisely they use of the tmpfiles functionality.

So, as the person who originally porposed adding tmpfiles to units,
I'm now more or less convinced that it's too late and not worth it.
Since the tmpfiles snippets have been written, and a big chunk is
done, it would be too confusing to add duplicate functionality.
People pointed out problems with the limited
RuntimeDirectory=/RuntimeDirectoryMode= proposal, and Lennart and
Kay are against the original idea to add tmpfiles snippets directly.
The unproven benefits are not worth it, and we certainly have other
things waiting on the table. So let's close this thread.

Zbyszek
--
they are not broken. they are refucktored
                           -- alxchk