To add to Dave's comment, what an American thinks of as a deli (or a New
Yorker anyway) is quite different from what the tag shop=deli is for,
according to the wiki. To its credit, the wiki makes that clear.

To a New Yorker, there are two kinds of deli. The first, like the Broadway
Deli or the Second Avenue Deli, is a sit-down place where you can order a
sandwich big enough to feed a family of four, with kosher pickles on the
side. The wiki says that's a restaurant.

The second is a place that sells cold cuts, salads, refrigerated soft
drinks, sandwiches, and probably candy. The wiki says that's a convenience
shop.

A deli, according to the wiki, is what an American thinks of as a gourmet
food shop. That's the classic (European) definition as well.

In hindsight, it might have been better to use shop=meat instead of
shop=butcher for a store that sells meat. But that was decided long ago.

John