Hmmm.  Having recently shepherded a proposal, and one which in the end was
radically different from my original version due to valuable input from the OSM
community, I say tell him to make a proposal and live with the results of
voting or face wholesale reversion of his edits.

My two manats’ worth.

Cheers,
Allan Mustard
apm-wa