To be clear, it is not my proposal and I cannot even ride a motorcycle.

The mapper making the wholesale changes, ti-lo/Rtfm,  should submit a
proposal, period, since it appears the issue involves wholesale change of
existing tags, not introduction of new tags.

It may not be a "requirement" but it is the polite or communally proper
thing to do.  If I did it, he can do it.

cheers,
apm