sent from a phone

On 5. Jan 2019, at 08:25, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not mandatory in OSM ... "Any tags you like".

you can use any tags you like in your mapping, but that doesn’t imply
“changing” tags. It is one thing adding motorcycle:* tags, and another removing
“old style” tags.
Or changing the value of a “standard key” from something well known to
something “new” (not established) (provided the well known value applies
according to common understanding).

Thanks for reading the words and not adding to there meaning :)

I too do not encourage changing current tags to some other tag. Only with
depreciated tags would I encourage there replacement with more current tag use.

And it doesn’t imply changing the tagging recommendations in the wiki
unilaterally. You can do this on your user page, but not in the common space.

I agree with Allan’s proposition and ask him to set up a proposal.

Rather than 'set up a proposal' I would ask the contributor (and that is not
Allen) to discuss the matter here.

Possible problems are that the contributor does not have good English skills
and maybe reactant to enter into that problem area combined with the problem of
tagging.