On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 23:45:34 +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 26 Oct 2022, at 21:29, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:
>> Drinking fountains are switch or knob operated and shoot at an angle.
>
> these are assumptions based on your experiences that don’t hold true around
> here, most drinking fountains have continuous flow.
>
> By the way, I started to add “tap”=yes/no to record whether there is a tap to
> control the flow

I think it would be much better to use already existing "handle=*" which is its
purpose, instead of ad-hoc inventing
new undocumented key without discussion...

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:handle

handle=* has several advantages:
- it is already defined on wiki
- it is already used in the wild
- it has capability not only do define if the flow-control device exists or not
(i.e. yes/no)
  as does your suggested "tap=*", but also a specific type of it (i.e.
activated by button or lever or wheel or ...)

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.