Hi all,
Many of you may be interested in
https://blog.data.gov.au/news-media/blog/geocoded-national-address-data-be-made-openly-available

Provided the license is CC-BY-3.0 or better; we already have explicit
permission to use said data:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution/data.gov.au_explicit_permission

For those of you interested in what specific data this is, I'd encourage
you to have a read of:
https://www.psma.com.au/sites/default/files/g-naf_product_description.pdf

Of interest to us:
 * Address points with geocoding and full structured address information
 * Authoritive street names for a given suburb, with geocoding (points
though, not polylines)
 * Authoritative suburb/locality points, geocoded - likely of better
accuracy than ABS "Statistic Suburb" data.
 * Data refreshed quarterly; sourced from local and state government (so
emailing your council to submit a data correction from survey is plausible)