Excuse me for being pecky on language - for this once I feel free because language is (more or less) the subject matter anyway.

Where @jakka writes "space", and @ruben neatly follows suit, I think the actual meaning is "blank".

nl "spatie" => en "blank"

en "space" => nl "ruimte"

Not wanting to "score" any personal hits, just for the common good: allow me to recommend that English should only be used by those who master that subtle language really well. There is no reason for not posting in one's native language, on a list of regional importance such as this.

Groeten :)

Karel