Thanks, Jo, you are looking on from a little distance, that is always helpful to get consensus...

I agree with your "the key to create such a blank is commonly known as the space bar" - which only confirms how subtle the English language really is. And that is precisely what makes me contest the "rule" cited by @Ruben (he/she is right in the citation, but I defy the rule) "on this list the accepted standard is to use English" - I never liked that rule, mostly for this reason. There's all too many people who post (to some degree) gibberish, in the firm belief they have good English.

And to come back to @Ruben's reply "no-one would have failed to understand what we meant": try taking this conversation though some www translation tool to an exotic language, say Japanese or Swahili or Latin or Basque, than back to English. Without having checked, I dare to bet that somewhere in the process the "space" was converted to something astronautical. So yes, I am sure many people might get confused. Or in other words, what's the added value of posting in a language that is NOT native to this Belgian country? Except of course to oblige those few who prefer learning foreign languages over learning their own.

Karel (admittedly touchy on matters of language and local culture)