Forgive me for asking.

How does the "Route Code" relate to the number on the front of the Train. eg

Charing Cross to Gillingham via Lewisham has a 62 on the front but if
it goes via Greenwich its 85 (I think)

Does the number on the front of the time-table mean anything?

Oh and the Routes listed on the Wiki do not seam to bare any
resemblance to what the operators tell you.

ie "North Kent Line" to most people is all lines that go from London
to Gillingham via Dartford, ie Via Sidcup (Darford Loop", Bexleyheath,
and Woolwich and also includes the Victoria to Dartford via Lewisham
service ie all trains in South Eastern Time Table 5.....

I'm also thinking that we have two sets of operators ie Network Rail
and the Franchise Operators, and if we are tagging with the Franchise
Operators maybe we should use the name of the franchise rather than
the current holder.....

Or What?

Peter.
(Slightly confused)