Please don't change the tags to suit your application. If every data consumer
changed the tags they don't like it would be mayhem. If you edit tags and by
doing that you upset a single mapper, that is a disaster - mappers are our most
precious resource.

Change your processing to include both types of tagging. It is not hard to do,
you write the code once and use it whenever you need to in the future.

Cheers, Chris (chillly)

On 13 October 2016 17:12:21 BST, Stuart Reynolds
<> wrote:
>Greetings all!
>In Nottingham in particular there are a number of roads marked with
>access:psv tags. This is unusual, in that I would normally expect to
>see simply psv=* on these roads - and more importantly (to me) so would
>my contractor who is importing the data. I’ve checked the wiki for
>“access” and it seems to agree with the contractor that psv=* is the
>preferred tagging scheme.
>There are only 275 instances of access:psv worldwide, and I propose to
>change those (manually) in the areas that I am concerned about in the
>UK. This is just to let you know, in case anyone has any violent
>objections or wonders what I am up to.
>Stuart Reynolds
>for traveline south east & anglia
>Talk-GB mailing list