Hi Rob,

I didn't manage to find that part of the Wiki! So thanks for bringing it to my
attention. I will take a look later.

Regards
Stuart

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Oct 2016, at 23:34, Rob Nickerson
<rob.j.nicker...@gmail.com<mailto:rob.j.nicker...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Stuart,

Putting "access:" in front of psv is a documented approach as set out in the
Conditional Restrictions wiki page [1]. This is designed to create a hierarchy
from simple restrictions (e.g. access:psv=yes, often shortened to psv=yes) to
the more complex. Proceeding with "access:" follows the schematic of starting
with the restriction-type which is required for all other restrictions.

However, due to legacy reasons, and as noted:

> In access tags that are limited to a specific transportation mode the
> restriction-type access: is usually omitted.

The above is for info only. I make no comment and a will take no action based
on what you end up doing.

It is clear however, that these tags are equivalent as set out on the wiki.

Best regards,
Rob
[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions