At 2010-07-30 12:56, Apollinaris Schoell wrote:
How would I even go about checking?  Is this really something we
should be doing every time we make a bridge?

what a waste of time, let's go mapping instead. this is a wast of time
I think we should enhance Josm/Potlatch to remove these tags in the same way as it is done for created_by

Hopefully, you were talking about this specific case only, and not all tiger:*=* tags? Even still, matching the chain of TLIDs to the ways on either side may still prove to be useful at some point. Do we really need the database space that badly? Shouldn't an analysis be done to understand just how much space that is, what the server load will be, how much it expands the history, etc., as was done with the justified removal of tags from the nodes?

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>