| From: Karen Lewellen via talk <talk@gtalug.org>

| Any carrier still provide this as an option?

Probably not.  Everyone depends on Bell to provide the last mile of
copper.  If they don't, they don't.

I am about to lose my copper landline.  Apparently I can keep my old
3rd party DSL but it will be now over a copper "dry loop".
Counter-intuitive to me.  So much so that I don't 100% trust that this
will happen.

| I have moved, with Bell no longer offering analog, only fiberactic which seems
| to interact with the specialty phone I use due to disability.
| Thoughts?

The specifications of the new analog port on the digital box are
identical to the specifications of the copper line.  So it should
work.

(In your old place, all but your last mile was surely digital.)

If it does not work, Bell should make it work for you.  They are
mandated to make their system accessible.  You may have to escalate
the problem -- I don't know.  But I would guess that you are good at
that.

Many on this list are prone to try to solve tech problems, even if
they should be the vendor's problem.  You have experienced this
phenomenon.

Perhaps the best way to present your problem to Bell is to say:
- this accessability aid worked before
- it doesn't work now
- please help me

As a fall-back, ask the device manufacturer.  If they still exist,
they will probably tell you to buy a new model.