Good day George,

When you perform an upgrade in place it does not remove or disturb the software
you had previously installed in Windows 7. It is certainly possible some of the
software might be incompatible. In which case you should upgrade or uninstall
such software.

Did you run the Windows 10 compatibility tool? The Windows 10 Compatibility
tool would have told you if any of your software on your Windows 7 machine was
incompatible with Windows 10 and advise you to uninstall such software.

Useful Windows 10 Upgrade resources:

General help with upgrading to Windows 10:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/help-upgrade-windows-10
<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/help-upgrade-windows-10>

Compatibility Report for Windows 10: FAQ
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/compatibility-report-windows-10
<http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/compatibility-report-windows-10>

Windows 10 Q&A: (Fairly long)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-faq
<http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-faq>

If you want to check if there are any software or hardware issues that might
impact your Windows 10 upgrade you can do so using the “Get Windows 10” Icon to
“Check your upgrade status” and  generate a compatibility report. To do so
follow these steps. (Note: that you must have installed KB3035583
<https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3035583> for the ?Get Windows 10 app"
and its associated icon to be available. You'll find it in Windows Update, as a
Recommended update for Windows 8.1 and an Optional update for Windows 7.)

Note: I have included screen captures to assist those with low vision.

Step 1: Right-click the Get Windows 10 icon (on the right side of the taskbar)
and then click "Check your upgrade status."

Step 2: In the Get Windows 10 app, click the hamburger menu, which looks like a
stack of three lines (labeled 1 in the screenshot below) and then click "Check
your PC" (2).

Step 3: See the list of potential compatibility issues. The list includes
separate categories for devices and apps.

So far, most of what I have seen has been minor. If you see more significant
issues, I'm interested in hearing about them. Feel free to send me an email.
Technical Note:

If that Get Windows 10 App icon doesn’t appear on your PC, here is what you can
do to make it appear manually. There are some pre-requistes:
You will need the following updates:
For Windows 7 SP1 : KB3035583 and KB2952664
For Windows 8.1 : KB3035583 and KB2976978
If they are not in your Windows Update list, hit  the “Check for Update” option
to forcefully download it.

> On 2015Aug 8, at 16:03, George Brechman via Talk <talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello list members,
> If I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 64 bit professional, do I have to
> install my older programs that work on windows 7 64 bit professional?  Such
> as winamp, and office 2010.  Thank you
> George

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via
your phone bill.

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not
what holds you back.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ