From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+cgrabowski=aisquared....@lists.window-eyes.com]
On Behalf Of gosselin_louis via Talk
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 7:40 AM
To: 'Butch K' <butc...@verizon.net>; 'Window-Eyes Discussion List'
<talk@lists.window-eyes.com>
Subject: RE: stability versus new browse mode

Lately it seems that every time someone makes a reference to this business of
losing speech with Win-Eyes, they always mention ctrl-Alt-w as the touted cure,
but no one is saying that you must first shut Win-Eyes down with CtrlInsert-F4,
and then, after allowing some time for things to take effect, and hopefully
hearing the descending harp stroke sound, then you do the Ctrl-Alt-W thing.  In
my experience, though, if you don't hear the descending harp sound, the
Ctrl-Alt-W wont work, either.  Fortunately, the pressing of the powerbutton
briefly always does work, even to briefly restoring speech before it insists on
shutting the computer down.  Wish there were some way to halt the powerbutton
shut-down at that point.

Louis Gosselin