Pluss, they won't even make JAWS free for office like Window-eyes did. This
office deal was a chance for everybody to brake away from JAWS

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+skyt=shaw...@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Reeva Webb via Talk
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 12:39 PM
To: Samuel Wilkins; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: The Phasing Out of Window-Eyes

They gonna kill off magic. Trust me. Fs always knew magic was trash. As soon
as the shark and zt get reworked to work well together. Magic will be put to
it's deserved death, zt fusion and we will be killed  and i'll have to cough
up stupid amount of money to upgrade the shark i had in middle school. Which
will still cost me arm and leg even with vfo's "generous"
upgrade pricing. Oh, yeah, kiss ai2's actually helpful tech support goodbye
too, y'all.

On Friday, October 14, 2016, Samuel Wilkins via Talk <
talk@lists.window-eyes.com> wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> I have been drafting a letter to VFO because, as you know, there is
> speculation that Window-Eyes is going to be phased out.  If it is, I
> am not switching to Jaws, because I won't be able to afford it,
> amongst other reasons.  However, in my letter, I have pointed out that
> if Window-Eyes goes, it provides a significant problem for blind
> people wanting to get into work, as not everyone has an access to work
> fund.  Moreover, one of the few ways we can work, especially for
> younger people, is volunteering, and there, we may be in a crisis, as
> IT technicians are paranoid about NVDA, since it is open source, and
> they think it could contain a virus or compromise security in another
> way.  We would be in limbo, as they won't want NVDA, and they won't
> pay for Jaws, as Access to Work won't pay for equipment for unpaid
> work, so you would have to buy a license for every computer you use
> out of your own pocket.  What do you think?  Also, I have heard that
> they are developing both Magic and ZoomText.  How come they are doing
> that, but phasing out Window-Eyes?  To me, this is a case of double
standards.

> --
> Regards,
>
> Samuel Wilkins

"The world has been against you from day one, tomorrow's never promised,
night has just begun, so sing with me we're all fucked" Walls Of Jericho

Reeva
List archives can be found at