Yes: but it also meant that no money was going into Window-Eyes developments.

The insiders in this industry have a lot to answer for. They correctly commented positively on the opportunity to get a good screen reader into the hands of many more blind people, but they were silent on issues of ongoing investment into research and development, future releases, and the need for new tools to deal with applications which are less intuitively accessible.

I don't see how Microsoft would want to continue subsidising Window-Eyes. Windolw-Eyes needs development, and Office wil surely undergo changes over time which adversely affect usability for Window-Eyes users. And Microsoft thinks Narrator will be its answer - an insult to the thinking blind person who relies on screen readers to do more than browse the web.

Vaughan.

On 10/15/2016 8:46 AM, Sky Mundell via Talk wrote:
Pluss, they won't even make JAWS free for office like Window-eyes did. This
office deal was a chance for everybody to brake away from JAWS

-----Original Message-----
From: Talk [mailto:talk-bounces+skyt=shaw...@lists.window-eyes.com] On
Behalf Of Reeva Webb via Talk
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 12:39 PM
To: Samuel Wilkins; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: The Phasing Out of Window-Eyes

They gonna kill off magic. Trust me. Fs always knew magic was trash. As soon
as the shark and zt get reworked to work well together. Magic will be put to
it's deserved death, zt fusion and we will be killed  and i'll have to cough
up stupid amount of money to upgrade the shark i had in middle school. Which
will still cost me arm and leg even with vfo's "generous"
upgrade pricing. Oh, yeah, kiss ai2's actually helpful tech support goodbye
too, y'all.

On Friday, October 14, 2016, Samuel Wilkins via Talk <