Absolutely right, Vaughn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vaughan Dodd [mailto:vdodd...@vodafone.co.nz]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 6:13 PM
To: Sky Mundell; Window-Eyes Discussion List
Subject: Re: The Phasing Out of Window-Eyes

Yes: but it also meant that no money was going into Window-Eyes
developments.

The insiders in this industry have a lot to answer for.  They correctly
commented positively on the opportunity to get a good screen reader into
the hands of many more blind people, but they were silent on issues of
ongoing investment into research and development, future releases, and
the need for new tools to deal with applications which are less
intuitively accessible.

I don't see how Microsoft would want to continue subsidising
Window-Eyes.  Windolw-Eyes needs development, and Office wil surely
undergo changes over time which adversely affect  usability for
Window-Eyes users.  And Microsoft thinks Narrator will be its answer -
an insult to the thinking  blind person who relies on screen readers to
do more than browse the web.

Vaughan.

On 10/15/2016 8:46 AM, Sky Mundell via Talk wrote:
> Pluss, they won't even make JAWS free for office like Window-eyes did.
This
> office deal was a chance for everybody to brake away from JAWS

Which

http://lists.window-eyes.com/options.cgi/talk-window-eyes.com/skyt%40shaw.ca