Am 01.07.2009 22:12, Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> Thomas Schäfer wrote:
>> Discussions about Ipv6 is not wasted hot air. It is related to osm, because
>> osm should be based on it, but isn't. It shoud simply be done, then is no
>> further discussion about it.
>
> Let's be pragmatic here like we usually are. If we were to switch to
> IPv6 today (which I understand we can't but let's assume we could), what
> part of OSM would work better tomorrow?

Taken from the german 'puter zine "c't" current edition 14:

There are not enough IPv4 adresses for Africa and Latin America already
which is why they are assigning IPv6 only already. Now with the new east
african internet cable this might lead to even more IPv6 users in
potential OSM countries, but... all those IPv6 users cannot reach IPv4
only servers.

Claudius