On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2010, at 7:45 PM, Anthony wrote:
>
> > OTRS?
>
> huh?

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to set up OTRS for OSM?

If your question was what OTRS is, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=otrs

It's the system that Wikimedia uses for this sort of thing (providing prompt
experience they generally provide very quick responses.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we really have the mapping capacity (in person-hours and server
> hardware) to handle 300M people a day providing feedback?

No, but there's no way 300 million people a day are going to provide
feedback.  Additionally, I'd expect the company sending all that feedback at
us to provide some manpower, at least temporarily, to at least sort through
the feedback and issue responses to the simple ones.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM, SteveC <st...@asklater.com> wrote:

> lets say you were a very large firm and you wanted to scale OSM to that
> level, how would you do it?

Gradually.