Greetings,

As someone who has worked with Verdy P on a daily basis over the past
few months, I find his wiki editing and organizing to be very good. He
knows what he is doing. He is probably a top expert in wikimedia
editing and organization, especially as it relates to the
translateability of our wiki content, making it much more
translateable. A very noble and critical goal.

Please read his personal page on the wiki to understand his overall
goal and why to achieve it he has made a lot (like thousands) of
edits: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Verdy_p

I understand we can all be difficult to work with at times, and
sometimes some of us are hard to work with all the times.

Verdy, I urge you to slow down on the wiki editing, listen to the
advice and issues others are raising about your edits and interactions
and let everyone catch up and understand your editing and organization
improvements. You can be really hard to keep up with :) This is the
same advice I put on your personal wiki talk page last year :)

And I urge us to keep trying to find a way to understand verdy's wiki
work and work with Verdy on the wiki. He seems to be making real,
important, needed improvements that will make the wiki much better in
the long term.

My impression is that much of verdy's improvements are just difficult
to understand for non wikimedia experts, difficult to explain because
they are complicated. And add in the fact that English is not verdy's
native language, the challenge of explaining highly technical
wikimedia organization techniques is twice as difficult.

I am no wiki expert so I can only look at from a user's perspective.

He blasted through a bunch of HOT related wiki pages and I was mad he
made a lot of changes I did not understand. I think I complained once
and got blown off. Now that I better understand his underlying goal,
translateability, and I see that his changes have not really affected
anything from my user perspective, I am fine with his changes. I am ok
with the fact that he does know a lot more about it than I do, and I
trust his work to be improvements as I have seen it first hand as it
relates to translations of wiki pages.

Verdy, I really wish it was easier to understand what you were doing
and it was easier to explain, I really hope you can slow down and
focus on bringing everyone else who is concerned about your edits to
an understanding of your methods and reasons as I will really be sad
and you get banned from the wiki and in the long term OSM Wiki will be
worse off without you contributing your expertise to it.

Respectfully,
Blake