On Saturday 28 October 2017, Éric Gillet wrote:
> [...] OSM is a do-o-cracy; blaming people
> (especially people investing a lot of time) for their implication is
> not the way to go.

A quick note - since i think it is important to make this distinction:

Mapping in OSM is based on do-o-cratic principles, always subject to the
basic principles of mapping we have of course
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/How_We_Map).

But the OSM wiki as a meta-project for documenting and communicating
about mapping is not a do-o-cracy on its own.  You cannot simply invest
a lot of time in the wiki and expect your ideas about how things are
supposed to be there to supersede those of others, especially those who
might not spend so much time on the wiki but on other OSM related
things and who rightfully expect to be able to use the wiki for those
activities.  The wiki is a means to facilitate better mapping and
social interaction between mappers, not a platform to express yourself
independent of that.

This is not meant to put blame on anyone here but i would suggest
everyone to evaluate things under the question if what the different
people desire and argue for has a clear benefit for OSM and the OSM
community beyond the wiki itself.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/