On Saturday 28 October 2017, Éric Gillet wrote:

> That's what I meant by do-o-cracy, and I think it applies all the
> same to the wiki, which really is a part of the OSM project.

I was understanding do-o-cracy as a political philosophy here where
influence and power of individuals is based on how much they do.

And i tried to explain that if you'd apply this to the OSM wiki in
isolation it would not be able to fulfill its function in OSM in the
long term any more.  For that influence and power of people on the wiki
needs to be influenced by how beneficial their work is for OSM as a
whole.  I am not claiming this is easy to determine but it should be
the benchmark to apply - which is what i am suggesting everyone to do
here.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/