joost schooupe wrote:
> It doesn't help that it was worded as "people are
> saying", but then the last part of the sentence seems more
> like their own opinion.

Worth noting that WeeklyOSM is produced alongside and seeded by the German
Wochennotiz. I don't sprechen sufficient Deutsch to be certain, but it looks
like the German original[1] is more carefully worded and less presumptuous.
So the controversial second half is very possibly just a clumsy translation.

Reading back through this whole discussion, those of us fortunate enough to
be born with the world's international language as our mother tongue could,
perhaps, be more forgiving of those who weren't.

Richard

[1] http://blog.openstreetmap.de/blog/2017/11/wochennotiz-nr-382/

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/General-Discussion-f5171242.html