Dear Rs,

@30-Apr-2011, 18:02 +0800 (30-Apr 11:02 here) RS (FEDARA) [R] in
mid:1462547914.20110430180...@fedara.com said to F.P.:

>>> That may be a LOT deeper issue than the wrong icon when started
>>> from a shortcut.

>> OK, we cant repair your car. We build it but we doesent have time to
>> fix this problem because its much harder to find. We have to change
>> wheel-screws primary on all the other cars. Not our problem if you
>> cant drive.

R> As I said before I'm new here but I watched the list for last two
R> days and I have a feeling that there is rather a battle
R> ground.... ... unfortunately one side only (haven't seen any
R> feedback messages from The Bat! team).

The TB team only involve themselves in direct discussion of BugTraq
reported issues. They never involve themselves in some of these
emotive skirmishes that usually develop in such environments as
this.

... <snip>
R> I need to do part of filtering manually.

I do all of my filtering manually since switching to IMAP for my
primary account. Under POP3, the whole thing was automated.

R> I might be mistaken but that all fight is rather not helping anyone.

Agreed!

R> Maybe a solution would be to prepare and discuss with the
R> programmers a priority list of bugs to be fixed and stick to it.

This is what the RITLabs BugTraq website is for and achieves
admirably. https://www.ritlabs.com/bt

Prioritisation of issues is down to the developers. They are usually
pretty fair about the order of bug fixing. Show stoppers have top
priority.

Sometimes it seems that a low priority bug has been given unfair
promotion and an early fix. As a developer myself, I can understand
that it makes no sense to be fixing a major bug in a module and not
fixing a minor one in the same module while it's "out on the bench".

Sometimes a bug will take too long to fix and the attempt will delay
a release that contains many other important fixes and feature
updates. While frustrating for those affected by such a bug, I can
understand why these things happen.

One argument is that software with known bugs is never releasable. I
even once held that view myself. As software and its sphere of use
and influence ever expands, so this ideal goal slips ever further
into the distance. I don't think that's a reasonable expectation of
complex software that has to cater for many real-time events and
vagaries. But that's just my personal take on it.

--
Cheers --  Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v5.0.9.7 (BETA) on Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1