Hello Arjan,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 13:33:34 +0200 GMT (30/Apr/11, 18:33 PM +0700 GMT),
Arjan de Groot wrote:

AdG> In short, they let people pay for software that has trouble with basic
AdG> functions, like filtering and virtual folders. Moreover, it did take
AdG> less than a day after release to notice those problems.

The keyword here is "basic functions". I need my email both for work
and study, and I have not dared to up(down?)grade to v5 yet. V5 is not
ready for release yet, IMHO.

Yes, they've built it from scratch (if I understand correctly) meaning
it's a completely new software with the same look-and feel as the
previous one. A lot of work, I can imagine. However, as a new
software, it is bound to have bugs in modules that worked flawlessly
in earlier "versions" (actually, versions of the previous software).

It is a big step for Ritlabs to take, rewriting the software (but not
cross-platform, which I think is a missed opportunity), but the new
software should be at least on par with the old one (plus the working
IMAP support as promised for v2) before a first release.

That's only my opinion, and Ritlabs will make their own decision. I
will wait for the filters and virtual folders to work correctly, and
the reports of AVs to stop, before I'll give v5 a try. I need this to
work correctly and reliably before I will even consider looking into
tooltips (that apparently can't be turned off reliably) or 2D barcode
gadgets.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.