Hello Andrew,

On Thu, 7 May 2020 23:51:13 +0930 GMT (07-May-20, 21:21 +0700 GMT),
Andrew Savchenko wrote:

>> Some powers are more powerful than RFCs.

> What are you proposing here, change the laws to suit the largest player?

No, I am suggesting to consider practicability over insistance on the
RFCs in exceptional cases. Making the product more usable. The RFCs
are not "laws", by the way.

> I believe that response from Maxim was crystal clear:

>>> This is intentional behaviour, to address the Mailsploit issue.
>>> Otherwise, it would have allowed effective sender spoofing in The Bat!

> Is that what you want?

Excuse me, if HSBC sends you an email, stating that a Nigerian prince
wants to send you millions of dollars, do you believe it? If so, you
do need to be protected from sender spoofing. Most people don't, and
most people use email clients that display the QP-encoded headers
correctly. And guess what, I even get emails from spoofed senders that
are not QP-encoded. Now what? Not displaying any From addresses any more?

It may not matter in your world, because you are not doing business
with China (biggest country in the world by population, second biggest
by size of economy), but a great percentage of the world population
(current or potential customers of Ritlabs) does.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! Version 9.1.18.2 (BETA) (64-bit)
under Windows 10.0 Build 18362

'Using TBBETA' information: