On 04 June 2020 at 04:27 Thomas Fernandez wrote and made these points

... <snip>
Thomas>>> Then your editor behaves different from mine. I use MicroEd, and you
Thomas>>> can see my Windows and TB version in my sig. How about yours?

>> It's been broken since V9 was released. I've reported it before and
>> it's been confirmed by others. It sadly does not matter to me if you
... <snip>

TF> I wasn't aware this has already been confirmed. Is there a BT entry
TF> which may specify the editor, so I can check whether it happens here
TF> too?
... <snip>

Just  to  clarify - Ira is talking about the recipient address line in
the message header, which is completely separate from which editor you
are  using and uses a standard windows edit field. The fact of whether
you  use MicroEd or another to edit the message body is not related to
the problem.

This is a not actually a bug but it is a very annoying behaviour.

For  example: a message is being written to freder...@domain.com and I
want  to change that to fr...@domain.com. I highlight "erick" and type
an 'a'. 'erick' disappears, but then the auto-address look up kicks in
and  deletes  everything  after  the  'a'  I just typed so it can list
matching addresses.

IMHO  TB  should  be  able  to  perform an address lookup using cursor
position without having to truncate the remainder of the field content
so  that  I can accept "fr...@domain.com" without having to retype the
remainder (or hope the lookup finds it).

--
Cheers -- Marck D Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
TB! v9.1.18.6 (ALPHA) on Windows 10.0.18362

'Using TBBETA' information: