On 2021-03-11 at 23:00 MAU wrote:

> > My  opinion:  Email  clients have better things to do than try to be
> > pim's  or calendars. Email clients that try to provide other complex
> > features  often  end up not doing any of them really well. Sometimes
> > the  old  linux  idea  of  doing one thing and doing it really well,
> > applies.
>
> I fully agree with you.

Hi Gleason, hi MAU, hello Stephan and hello to the list!

First:
I agree to Gleasons opinion too.

Second:
I left the windowed world more than 21 years ago and all my applications
I now run are based on the descendants of UNIX and Linux: the
Debian operation system. And I also prefer software which is made based
on the KISS principle [1].

The only applications from the windowed world I use every day is "The
Bat!" now running on top of wine. I know and use "The Bat!" since
its version 1.32. Neither Thunderbird nor KMail nor Claws Mail hits my
requirements of today for professional use of e-mail communication.

This maybe the reason why I'm a little scared about when I hear about to
built in new and untested feature into "The Bat!".

My point of view is clearly influenced by the KISS principle:
create one small and effective app [1].

So my wished addressed to the "RitLabs"-Team:
Please fix some major and minor bugs in "The Bat!" first! Maybe you
want to take the goal "bug free" as your guiding stars!

Than there maybe some time to think about new features - otherwise a
feature crepping [2] progress will take place and all is lost....

[1] "KISS principle"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle#In_software_development>

[2] "Feature creep"
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_creep>

My two cents!
Thank you for your attention!

Joerg Schiermeier
Bielefeld, Germany
productive: The Bat! pro v8.8.9.0 (32bit) - wine(at)Debian64
test environment (32bit + 64bit): The Bat! pro - latest beta
wine: v6.3 - Debian64/bullseye: v5.10.19-1 (2021-03-02)
emulated windows version (build number): v10.0 (17134)

'Using TBBETA' information: